General Category > PC Upgrade and Repair

PC Issues - Again

(1/9) > >>

butt:
Wont be ingame much if at all, untill I get current problem resolved.

PC is shutting off randomly. No rhyme or reason. Not under load. Just shuts off. Like someone flipped the breaker. No BSOD.

Is there a windows error report I can find to help troubbleshoot?

Will go ahead and post this and edit as needed. Already lost power once while typing  ;D errgh, lol

butt:

--- Quote from: SicSS on March 22, 2012, 10:48:18 PM ---check your power supply..
--- End quote ---
How?

--- Quote from: SicSS on March 22, 2012, 10:48:18 PM ---does it just turn off, or do you get the BSOD?
Does it try to reboot?

--- End quote ---
Turns off. No BSOD
Yes, it reboots. After the "your computer did not shut down properly, do you want to launch in safe mode" countdown screen.

--- Quote from: SicSS on March 22, 2012, 10:48:18 PM ---maybe try some different memory????
--- End quote ---
Going to remove one stick at a time, and see if it continues.
Not going to buy more RAM. Going to avoid the "darts at the dart board" troubble shooting this time.  By the time I'd buy different RAM, mobo, power supply, to check if they work better, I am 2/3rds the way to a new build. Not doing that.

--- Quote from: SicSS on March 22, 2012, 10:48:18 PM ---have you added any new devices lately?
--- End quote ---
Nope.

Started about a week ago, after a GPU driver update. Tried to uninstall driver, then tried to do a system restore - neither changed the situation. Tried reformating old HD. Then tried different HD. Same deal on both. Got some good ideas from Tarsier last night. Will try those and report back as time allows.

Unforgiven75:
I feel your pain bud!  I would start with power supply first or if it runs long enough see how the Temp is doing on the CPU. Hope to see you back soon man.

butt:
Heres some SS from the MSI utility. Maybe it will show something I am overlooking

In the event I posted something (system info) I shouldnt have, someone let me know. thx  :P

Oh, what about the voltage to the RAM? Is that set right?

tarsier:
 >:( Can't see the screenshots from work.  I'll take a look this evening and see if I can offer any advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version